30 August 2010

DIY Project - Laptop Quilt

I made a simple quilt last week & guess what, the quilt is not for me but for my laptop.


Yes, my laptop really needs a quilt & you might wonder why? Actually, the purpose of the quilt is to protect my untreated wood table from the heat generated from my laptop. I don't want my lovely table to be burnt by the heat.


I didn't do any measurement at all when making this quilt. I used my fabric remnants & just simply cut...cut....cut...then sew....sew...sew....without any thinking, without any planning & when it's done, it turns out looking good & very functional.




This is my first time making a quilt. Not bad right, for a first timer like me? Maybe I will make a bigger one next time around?

Happy Sewing !!!

5 comments:

Ulla said...

Sweet little quilt.
Ulla

Margaret wong said...

Love the colours! My thighs have been roasted by the same laptop, maybe time to make one too!LOL!

erinrizz said...

Thanks Ulla & Margaret !!!

Yep, you should make one for youself, Margaret !!! hehehe...

Astrid said...

CONGRATS on making your very first quilt! It looks great, Erin! I love the colors and the way you have quilted it! Yes, you should make more quilts... :))

erinrizz said...

Thanks Astrid, yes I will make more when I have more time...hopefully...