14 October 2011

New Handbag !!!

It has been quite some time I didn't make any handbag. I've been using my old bag where ever I go & definitely in need to update my look when I go out shopping. So, I sew myself a handbag which is not really my colour but because I'm joining the Celebrate Color for October organized by Stitched in Color, and the theme colour is fall, so I said to myself why not take the challenge & use fall colour instead for my bag.


This is the result. I name it 'The Yo-Yo Fall Handbag'. It's just a simple bag with a cappuccino brown fabric. What I love about this bag is the details. I obviously won't leave the bag alone without putting my special touch. I embellish it with some orange yo-yos & fuschia sequins.


I added 3 basic pockets to the inside of the bag & a magnetic closure.


This is the close up of the embellishments. I made the yo-yos without using a yo-yo maker. And a little bit of bling bling will make the bag stands out. I had the chance to use this bag last weekend & it passed the test drive !!! You will definitely see me again around town with it.

Happy Sewing !!!

10 comments:

Ulla said...

What a wonderful bag!
Love it.

erinrizz said...

Thanks Ulla....

Astrid said...

Erin, it's gorgeous! The little touch made it! :)

erinrizz said...

Thanks Astrid. It took me some time to sew in that 'little touch'...hehe..

Alecia said...

So cute! I love it!

erinrizz said...

Thanks Alecia...

Kelli said...

Love the yoyos and sequins! They add that special touch.

erinrizz said...

Thanks Kelli...

Kristie said...

Visiting from Stitched in Color. This is lovely!

erinrizz said...

Thanks Kristie...